Thursday, March 6, 2014

7 months later

Hello World! I am back in the blogging game again, only this time i am on my own, without the backing of the Peace Corps! I am starting a new job in Madagascar, in the small village of Ambondrolava, with an NGO (non governmental organization) called Honko mangrove conservation and education (http://www.honko.org/). I will be leaving THIS march 15th (that's right, only 8 days away)! It is going to be a LONG trip; 18 hours in the air and 20 hours on the ground to get to my new place. I am going to be the first Project Coordinator (once i get there, i will let you know more about what all i am going to be doing). I am brushing up on my French as i have not spoken it for sometime, but i feel confident that it will all come back to me. I already have all my shots, pills, and most of my clothing since it has only been 7 months since i left the constant summer that is Ghana.
I will try to update this as often as possible, and you are more then welcome to read my old blog from my times in Ghana (An unbelievable place.....).

2 comments:

  1. so proud of you. good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Tess! I know you will do a great job. I will follow your blog.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete